4.20.2016

Public Speaking Trends

Here’s an interesting article that I just ran across while researching trends in public speaking. Lisa B. Marshall identifies 7. I paraphrase these in brief but the article is worth reading especially if you’re teaching public speaking.
Smart Talk

1.       Public speaking in the business world is becoming more casual.
2.       Audiences no longer can be viewed as passive recipients of a speaker’s message but are listeners who want to participate.
3.       Speakers are addressing smaller audiences with more focused presentations.
4.       Webinars are increasing but so are live presentations.
5.       Videos are being increasingly incorporated into public speaking presentations.
6.       Technology is playing an ever increasing role in public speaking.
7.       The white board’s “less polished” presentation can help the speaker appear more approachable.

10 comments:

Ridley Donovan said...

Speaking of technology, it has had an enormous effect on the reach and impact of public speaking. Whether it's a webinar by the CEO of Google or attending an online course for improving business communication from a Canadian school, it can now all reach a global audience.

mana76445 said...

I thought haven’t read such distinctive material anywhere else on-line. http://googlefax.strikingly.com/

Charlers John said...

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love all the posts.
Online public speaking classes

Anonymous said...

Great read! This is an excellent source to help my as I prepare to present at an upcoming conference for work. Thank you for sharing.

Marg Online said...

It is a great exercise to improve one's skill sets. Thanks for sharing!!
Presentation Skills Training Bangalore | Team Building Training in Bangalore

ILYAS AFSOH said...

Hmmm, needto improve Public Speaking Skill

PUBLIC SPEAKING SEMARANG

Online Guitar Lessons said...

Communication is a best to know about other feelings and blogs reading is good habit like me I also want to read about topessayservices.com blogs because it gives me lot of knowledge about different things. The communication Blog is also a good Blog I suggest you also read this Blog that Blog give you lot of information.

I WEB TECHNOLOGIES said...

Thanks for sharing this great Post....!
Web Development Company in India

sophia taylor said...

Pursue leadership development and presentation training through intensive programs at Milestonethree.
These management seminars help you become a more effective Manager.

nida naz said...

It is a great exercise to improve one's skill sets. Thanks for sharing!
aqtsoft.com