Here’s an article on body language that you should avoid; body gestures that can create a negative impression in another person. It's best to look at these gestures as creating negative impressions under certain circumstances but, certainly, not in all situations:
1. Crossing your arms across your chest can indicate defensiveness.
2. Leaning forward can indicate aggressiveness.
3. Breaking your eye contact too early in the interaction.
4. Putting your hands on your hips when standing can indicate aggressiveness.
5. Taking a step or two back when asked a question or for a decision.
6. Putting your hands behind your back or in your pockets can make you look overly stiff.
7. Nodding more than usual can make you look less than serious.