3.10.2008

Why Study Communication?

I just heard from Sherry Morreale that an article she wrote with Judy Pearson will appear in the next issue of Communication Education. The reason I mention this is that this article focuses on the role of communication skills as central to success, both personally and professionally. It’s based on an analysis of 93 varied publications. This article updates a previous one by Morreale, Michael Osborn, and Pearson that appeared in the Journal of the Association for Communication Administration in 1998. I’m sure it will provide just the information you need to counter the sometimes (though it seems to be decreasing; most students, I think, do recognize the value of communication competence) “Why do I need to take a communication course?” question.

No comments: